I am struggling to restore my system from a MacBook Pro of one generation to a more new one.
What I have tried:
- I restart the system in recover mode: "cmd + r"
- I choose the proper backup version from my Time Machine hard drive
- I "Accept" but id doesn't allow me because is a different model and it recommends to me to choose "Reinstall macOS" and wait for the option of restore from Time Machine during the reinstallation process ("You can't restore this backup because it was created by a different model of Mac")
- I choose "Reinstall macOS" but after 30 minutes of install process not option about using an existing Time Machine backup asked
- I am expecting to see the "Setup assistant" but at the end of reinstall process my system restarts with the old installation (with the old Users and everything)
I have tried this process several times, always with the external disk with the Time Machine version connected, but always the above same result.
What can I do to make my Time Machine backup appear when installing macOS?