The above mentioned Macbook Pro Retina (Mid 2015) with SSD, running Sierra seems to be freezing most of the times, after attempting to "wake" it up from sleep. The situation has the following observed characteristics:
- Seems to "wake up" (you can see the backlight of the screen activating) but the screen remains black
- Sometimes the mouse pointer may appear but the screen remains black
- Some times it wakes up, gives the login screen but freezes (spinning ball) after logging in
- Happens only after some time has passed (perhaps 15') after initiating the sleep.
- It has higher possibility to happen when connected to power
- Thought there may be a conflict with the Energy Saver Display-off settings but keeps the same behaviour in all possible different settings including when choosing not to allow the display to switch off.
In all the above cases the system has to be hard rebooted by pressing the power button.
I would welcome any ideas on what may be wrong but also advice on where to look (log files?) to debug the situation.