Can anyone reproduce this behavior?
- Open the "Messages" app on iOS.
- Find or create a message that contains an firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the email@example.com to start a new email. (The Apple "Mail" app should open a window on top of the Messages app.)
- Start typing your message.
- Suddenly, remember that you have to copy a link from Safari or some other app, so bring up the iOS app switcher by double-clicking the physical home-button.
- Switch to the other app, copy the link and switch back to your mail message.
Where is your mail message?