My MacBook Pro with Retina display has the following problem:
- Left Shift Key not functioning
- Sometimes Shift is on automatically and when restarting, will restart in safe mode
What I've done:
- Try using USB keyboard, the problem persist (always in Shift e.g press 8 will output *)
- Restart holding OptionCommandRP, get option to reinstall and three others
- Restart holding OptionCommandOF, the problem is gone but not for long (first time, it takes a day to happen again.. now, every 30 minutes or so)
- Install Karabiner-EventViewer, the press the Left Key definitely give no response; when my MacBook Pro in Shift, the log shows Shift flags for every key pressed.
- Reinstall macOS, seems not solving my problem
How can I stay out of safe mode, and use the functionality of shift keys?