I was having a problem with a pointer so after installing latest system updates with no effect on crazy pointer, I did a PRAM reset.
From then on, a log in page has changed:
- my user name has changed (in past i was using my whole name as login name. Some months ago, I changed it for a 'nickname'. But now, after PRAM reset, the old/previous user account name appears.
- there was another account 'guest' not secured by password. Now the password is required.
- 'my account' with changed user name doesn't accept my valid password. When typing a password incorrectly for 3 times, there is pop-up to log in with my apple ID. That does not work either. The password is correct.
I am using this:
- MacBook Pro 2011 late
- latest operating system with updates
- I never changed my apple ID since created
- changed my Apple ID last year
- changed my computer password also about a year ago