Every time after I log into my computer the first thing that happens is I get this message even if I put in the password. I can click it 3 times or so and it will go away, or I can give it the password but it will come back. I want to know what is sharingd? It looks like the terminal screen on the lock. Can anyone explain?
sharingd is sharing daemon that enables AirDrop, Handoff, Instant Hotspot, Shared Computers, and Remote Disc in the Finder.
How to solve asking for password problem?
I think the login password and the keychain are not the same. That's why you get those messages. You want your default keychain to be unlocked automatically when you log in. Synchronise your Keychain Access and account login passwords by doing this:
- Open Keychain Access (you can get to it by choosing Utilities from the Go menu in the Finder).
- From the Edit menu, choose Change Password for Keychain "login."
- Type the former password of the account that you are currently logged in to, then click OK.
- If you entered the correct password, a new window appears; enter the original password again in the Current Password field.
- In the New Password field, type the password that matches your current account password.
- Re-enter the newer password in the Verify field, then click OK.
You must log in to answer this question.
protected by Community♦ Mar 31 at 21:32
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).
Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?