I am trying to type a backtick (`) using a German keyboard.

How can I do this?


It can be found at the top-right corner of the keyboard while holding down shift. Type a space afterwards to exit dead key status.

enter image description here

| improve this answer | |
  • Was TomGewecke someone that commented before and deleted it all? This is the first time I'm seeing all of this since my answer... – user248946 Aug 6 '17 at 18:14
  • 1
    Yes, your keyboard was for Windows, then haykam added an erroneous one for Mac, and after fixing it all the comments no longer made any sense so I deleted mine. – Tom Gewecke Aug 6 '17 at 19:39
  • @TomGewecke I thought you didn't want Windows. – haykam Aug 7 '17 at 11:45
  • @TomGewecke Please stop trying to twist my words to make it look like I'm wrong. The original image was of a Windows keyboard from Wikipedia. I edited it so that it was a screenshot of the on-screen German keyboard from macOS. However, you said it was too 'erroneous' (even though I replaced a Windows keyboard, which you didn't want) and replaced it again with a diagram of the German macOS keyboard. – haykam Aug 8 '17 at 5:52
  • @haykam For correct keyboard diagrams, you must use support.apple.com/en-us/HT201794 and not screenshots on your machine. – Tom Gewecke Aug 8 '17 at 10:01

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .