Apologies for the noob question but I'm looking around and finding different answers (including data not getting restored). So I would like to make sure I'm following the right process.
My girlfriend's iPhone is acting slow and freezing from time to time. Therefore, I would like to restore it to its initial state and start all over.
- Her iCloud is full and not backing up anymore
- She forgot her Apple ID password
- Contacts, SMS, photos shall be restored after the reset
- WhatsApp data also should be restored (I think this should be done from within the app)
Ideally, I would like to:
- Back up all data through iTunes on PC
- Perform a factory reset
- Create a new Apple ID
- Restore photos, contacts, SMS
- Fresh install WhatsApp and restore corresponding data
Would this work as expected?