I want to install OpenVPN on an iPhone 7 but can't get the OpenVPN app t open with the config file. I uploaded my own ovpn file to Google Drive and when I click on it it I can select "Open In" which shows me some apps including OpenVPN. If I tap OpenVPN it just flies away instead of opening the app.
I used the native Mail app which did work while Gmail and Drive would not work.
The only way I have been able to install OpenVPN files is through iTunes (MacOS High Sierra and iOS 11)
- Select the device icon in iTunes
- A new menu of options on left will appear, select File Sharing
- Scroll to find the OpenVPN app, click it - this reveals a file drop area
- Drag a folder containing the config files to the file drop area in iTunes
- Access the OpenVPN app and you should see a new screen asking to import (green ball with a '+' symbol) the VPN config config.
I tried the following methods without success:
- Google Drive
- Files (iOS)
- Mail (iOS)