I have a 6s with iOS 9.3x installed. Out of the blue, the speaker volume became barely audible. By speaker I mean the the loud speaker at the bottom of the phone.
I've used headphones and bluetooth to see whether those are affected as well - those continue to work fine.
I've done the following - none fixed the problem:
- Restarted the unit multiple times.
- I've cleaned out the speaker and headphone jack.
- I've blown compressed air at the problem spots.
- I've toggled Settings/General/Accessibility/Phone Noise Cancellation and Hearing Aids options.
- Various miscellaneous things that I've read about here and there.
I know that if I take it to Apple store, they will suggest restoring a new phone, which I don't want to do. Other than reinstalling the OS, what else can I do to try and fix this issue?