I need edit text that saved as file.jpg in my Macintosh computer.

For ex. I have file.jpg that have text: "One years production" and I would like to get rid from letter 's" left as "One year production".

I could not make any changes in jpg, so I've converted it to png.

I've used Tools-Rectangular Selection and take off the letter 's". Is it correct way to make editions or are the more efficient steps to follow to make some change in jpg or png files?

I am using pictures(jpg format) for my existing applications that written on JavaScript or Ruby. I would like to edit picture and put back to the existing frames.

How can I edit the existing pictures using my Mac to combine images as such?

I find some suggestion(see link below) but this suggestions is pretty old(5years); would be helpful to know some modern efficient way to edit pictures on Mac.

How to combine two images into one on a Mac?

  • both are actually incorrect : how about "one year's production" – Solar Mike Jul 13 '17 at 17:01
  • 1
    There seem to be several questions in here, please focus on one issue only (and ask separate questions for the rest). Also, are you looking for help in using a specific application (add the name then) or for tools suitable for editing? – nohillside Jul 13 '17 at 17:20
  • Any text that shows on a .jpg or .png, as well as most bitmapped type images, isn't editable as if it was a text document. The text is overlaid on the original image and when saved/exported to .jpg or .png, is now a part of the overall image. Sure you can crop portions of the text, but it also removes the underlying image as well. A preferred way, is to use a copy of the original image that doesn't have text already on it and then use an app, e.g. GIMP, that can add the text as you want it. Some app image formats save the objects in layers that are editable, but not in e.g. .jpg or .png type. – user3439894 Jul 13 '17 at 18:18
  • 1
    "one year's production" is fine. The question is the same: how to change existing not correct spelling to the new one using Mac? – User Jul 13 '17 at 20:11
  • you wrote: "Also, are you looking for help in using a specific application (add the name then) or for tools suitable for editing?" Right now I would like to know how to edit the existing pictures using Mac. – User Jul 13 '17 at 20:13

I've used GIMP to combine 2 images on mac, following the procedure as below:

  1. open both Images in Gimp

  2. make the larger Image down to the smaller one

  3. change canvas size to widthx2

  4. open your other Image and copy visible

  5. go back to your scaled layer and paste as new layer

  6. select your alignment tool, click on move tool and move image.

  7. merge visible layers and you got 2 combined images.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .