I would like to use Apple EarPods with a Nokia 130 (dumb phone). I only need sound and microphone to work. I don't expect the volume control to work, since I assume it's proprietary.
- Inserting the EarPods directly into the Nokia gives no sound at all. If I keep the connector halfway in, I get sound, but this is obviously not a permanent solution.
- I tried an adapter with a female connector for the EarPods (4 pins) and a male connector (3 pins) for the Nokia. This gives me sound, but the microphone does not work.
- I also tried using a cheap EarPods copy on the Nokia, which works for both sound and microphone (even if it has 4 pins like the original EarPods...!), but with bad quality (no bass).
Can someone recommend an adapter where:
- Sound works
- Microphone works
- Does not degrade audio quality
- Is as small and simple as possible