I have an audio problem on my MackBook with the following specifications:
- MB Pro Retina (13 inch Early 2015)
- Operation System: macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Here is the chronology of the problem: Initially, everything was okay. I could hear music from iTunes on my MBP connected with a cable to an external speaker. Then I accidentally unplugged the cable on the speaker, so I plugged it in again but then I couldn't hear sound from my MacBook anymore.
I have tried the following solutions to address this:
- Restarting my MacBook
- Reinstalling my operating system
- Resetting both NVRAM and SMC
- Plugging and unplugging to/from the audio jack on the MBP
- Killing coreaudiod on Activity Monitor
- Deleting the apple.bezleservices.plist file at
- Taking it into Apple Store Service near my town
The Apple Store said it was a hardware issue, but I'm not sure on this. So, I went home to try the various "non-hardware" approaches above.
FYI: My iTunes and Siri also don't work. Playing a song in iTunes shows no song progress. If I try to use Siri I get a "no audio found" message.
Below are various screenshots of my problem:
- How can I troubleshoot this further?
- Is there a way for me to narrow down whether or not this is definitely a hardware issue?