I'm using Siri to set short timers, many times in a row: "Set timer for 45 seconds." This is on an iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.3.2 (14F89).
It works great, but each time Siri confirms the timer she adds a humorous quip from a short list:
- "Just remember, a watched iPhone never boils."
- "The suspense is killing me."
- "I see you shiver with antici... pation."
- "Roger that. T-minus 45 seconds."
I assume these comments are intended to make Siri seem more human but obviously they have the opposite effect, especially as they are repeated ad nauseam. They're annoying and unprofessional.
I don't want to silence Siri completely; I want verbal confirmation that the timer was set. Ideally "timer set for 45 seconds", or even just "timer set".
Is there any way to turn off Siri's funny comments? I want this primarily for the timer, but I'd be fine with turning chatty mode off globally too.
Things I've tried that don't work:
- Changing language from English (US) to English (UK, Australia, etc.) Different accent, same jokes.
- Saying "Cut the jokes" after a joke. Siri says sorry, but jokes don't stop.