My iPhone 5s had recently been cleaned of all files and data, including iCloud so I need to activate it. It prompts me to press the home button to activate but the home button on my iPhone doesn't work. Is there a way I can activate this phone without pressing the home button?
You need to activate the accessibility function, Voice Over, on your phone.
- Connect your iPhone, to a computer with iTunes installed.
- In iTunes, select your device.
- From the Summary pane, click Configure Accessibility in the Options section at the bottom.
- Select the Voice Over and click OK.
- Double tap on the Press home to open text.
Once you’re pass the activation, you can disable Voice Over. More details on the fix.