I am unable to unlock my device because it is not recognising my fingerprint. What can I do?
After five unsuccessful attempts to match a fingerprint your iPhone will prompt you to enter your passcode. You can also use your passcode to unlock the phone after any failed attempt.
Once you've unlocked it, do as follows:
- Go to Settings
- Swipe up and tap on the Touch ID & Passcode option
- Enter your passcode
- Tap on each fingerprint and tap on Delete Fingerprint
- Once you've deleted them all, go back and use the Add a Fingerprint option to re-add your fingerprints
- Exit Settings
iOS has a failsafe with password. It's the alternative option when TouchID doesn't work. If you want to directly get into entering passcode from the lock screen.
- Slide to the right from the Lockscreen to bring up the widget menu to list all the widgets on your device.
- Now click on any of the Widget which will take you to the unlock with passcode/TouchID screen.
- After you've unlocked your device, go remove all the fingerprint from the TouchID Settings.
Alternatively, Try opening any notification from the notification tab. Send yourself an SMS if you don't have any new notifications/Internet is turned off. Click on any notification or message to open it, which will take you to enter the password.