I'm dealing with a huge variety of image files (photos, vectors, icons, cliparts, etc.).
I've organized them in folders and subfolders, in order to find theproper sort of image, but I don't find a good way to quickly get what I need.
I've tried following solutions:
- Adobe Bridges
All of them have some kind of issue that I will resume here:
- Unable to show all sort of iles (e.g.: if ti shows pictures, it doesn't show vector images, like .ai files)
- Unable to handle a library (only browsing through the filesystem)
- Unable to retrieve metadata (and therefore take advantage of an hypothetical search engine)
- Unable to handle separated libraries (iPhoto and Picasa creates a single library, mixed with all images: personal and for work can't be spearated, unless using tags or folders)
- Unable to display a single stream images (filtered or not filtered): they only shows the current folder/album files
I know that probably Lightroom and other (expensive) products would solve my problem, but they are meant for more than that. Instead, I just want to find a media library that only makes my life easier when looking for an image.
I've found a couple of questions here in that makes similar questions, but none of them really matches my needs (and anyway, the answer's always iPhoto, Picasa or some adobe products).
By the way, I've tried with Adobe Bridges because I have a free Adobe Elements license (so, no Lightroom).