Steps to Fix SpringBoard Layout: IconState.plist Open, Edit, Replace, Insert from Backups & Respring
Follow on to: Organize iOS App Icons, Sort, Rearrange
I've got an older iPhone 5 iOS 9.3.3 - 32 bit HomeDepot Jailbreak,
slowly transferring to iPhone 6 iOS 10.2 - Yalu Jailbreak.
2015, around transition from iOS 7.1.1 to 9.0.2,the iTunes sync messed up and the JB window was gone, got left with 100s of disorganized apps & messsed up Springboard layout.
Luckily I'd backed up SpringBoard Layout; old backups of i5's
IconSupportState.plistthat was to be converted to and replace
IconState.plistas per instruction from the tweak Developer since folder support had improved from iOS 7 to 9.
Jailbreak Functionality & Access Limitations and actions :
On i5 (not i6), despite HD JB & several tweak reinstalls, have been unable to root File System access via afc2add or Apple File Conduit 2 (App FC2) working on iFunbox or iMazing.
Even OpenSSH runs for a while, but then I have to reinstall it in Cydia.
Using WinSCP I've been able to access & backup
/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoardand use Notepad++ which has a plugin to open & edit
Due to Notepad++ & XML background I understand the structure & once fixed to how I want, I'd like to replace it on my i5.
I assumed that once copied from PC to i5, to get it "active" I need to re-spring.
For some reason, I've been unable to get that to "take". I'm wondering if I need the correct way to Respring under this iOS+JB combination.
Questions on the steps to get this fix in place:
- Am I choosing, editing and replacing the correct .plist or making some mistake?
- Is there a better path/location to where I can upload the .plist?
- Is there another way for me to replace the SpringBoard .plist(s)?
- What's the best steps &/ right tweak to Respring/ Reboot (on i5 iOS 9.3.3 32bit HomeDepot JB & i6 iOS 10.2.x Yalu JB) for this - after .plist is replaced/ inserted?
Add-on to help fix & maintain SpringBoard Layout:
- What are the newer SB layout backup tweaks?
- Any thoughts on how I can get Full Raw File System via USB & OpenSSH via WiFi working properly on i5 iOS 9.3.3 HomeDepot JB?