Every now and then, I use the "Layout" option in macOS's print dialog to fit two pages on a sheet, for instance when printing presentation slides. For some reason, this sometimes leads to 4 pages being printed per sheet, rendering the slides hardly readable. Happened twice to me today.
Does anyone know why this is happening and how to prevent it?
In response to Tetsujin's comment:
- I'm running the latest macOS Sierra 10.12.4 (16E195) but I've been experiencing this issue with previous versions of macOS (formerly OS X) as well so I don't think it matters.
- I print from Preview and Safari and the problem occurs in both cases.
- I usually print two A5s onto one A4. I'm fairly certain, there's no spilling over.
- The print dialog shows the correct number of pages.
- "Is this happening at the app or at the printer?" - Not sure what is meant.