In the documentation they say that the devices should be connected to the same wifi network:
- Each device is signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID.
- Each device is signed in to FaceTime with the same Apple ID.
- Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
- Each device is connected to the same network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- On iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
- On iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn on Calls from iPhone.
- On Mac, open the FaceTime app, then choose FaceTime > Preferences. Click Settings, then select Calls From iPhone.
My MacBook is connected to the Internet using the iPhone hotspot.
By this setup is this supposed to work? I get call failed.
However, when I'm home, connected to the router wifi, I can use FaceTime to call using my iPhone (both devices being connected to the router wifi).
Is there any hope to get this working when using Hotspot?