I'm looking into an issue on an iPhone which has me stumped. It has a number of Accounts configured:
- iCloud (email@example.com)
- Exchange (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail (email@example.com)
- Outlook (firstname.lastname@example.org)
iCloud and Exchange seem to work fine. But when we add the Outlook account (email@example.com), it is configured successfully, until it is saved, then the Email field in Account changes to show the Gmail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will not change back. The Mail app also shows two entries with the Gmail address when I try to switch the "from" account.
When I send an email from within the Outlook account within the Mail app, it displays the Gmail address (email@example.com) as the "from" address, and replies go to Gmail.
- Deleting the Gmail account
- Deleting the Outlook account
- Re-adding the Outlook account (still has the same problem, even if the Gmail account is not present on the phone)
- Re-adding the Outlook account as an Exchange account
- Factory reset the phone and restore from backup
- Factory reset the phone and start fresh
- Get a new phone
None of these steps have solved the problem, the phantom Gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org) always overrides the Outlook one (email@example.com), even if the Gmail account is not configured on the phone.
Interestingly, none of the other accounts have this issue. I've also added a different Outlook account (firstname.lastname@example.org) and this does not have the same problem either.
It appears to be something to do with adding an account called email@example.com but I'm absolutely stumped.
Has anyone encountered this issue, or can someone suggest some more troubleshooting steps please?