I synchronise my contacts over iCloud. On the web (iCloud.com) I have more than 1'000 contacts which are synchronised on my Mac Mini at home, on my iPhone and iPad.
I then have a MacBook pro where only ~200 of them are synchronised:
- If I switch off "Contacts" in the iCloud preferences and I switch it on again, I re-get the same ~200 contacts
- If I create a new one on the MacBook it is correctly synchronised on all the other deviced
- If I crate a new contact on iCloud.com it gets synchronised on all the devices (even the MacBook)
- If I modify a contact on iCloud.com it then gets synchronised on the MacBook (but only if modified)
How can I force a re-sync?
Although the problem is similar to Force contacts to sync with iCloud right now the solutions provided do not help:
- Closing and reopeningdoes not solve the problem
- Re-booting does not solve the problem
- Disabling and re-enabling iCloud does not solve the problem (see above)
- Adding a contact does not solve the problem (see examples above)
- Signing in and out does not solve the problem (see above)
- Dragging the contacts to the local store and back to iCloud clearly does not work as I don't have the contacts on my mac
- All the other hints refer to iOS
I am not able to export/import (drag in/out) the contacts to solve the problem as in the proposed duplicate. I have only 200 contacts on my Mac. The full content is in iCloud.
I tried the suggestion in the comments and created a group on the Mac Mini with alle the contacts. The group is synchronised to iCloud but in the MacBook I get it with the same ~200 contacts that where previously synchronised.
I also exported all the contacts on the Mac Mini and re-imported them. Almost no effect (on the MacBook pro I habe now 219 contacts). A couple (?) more, but still far from the >1000.
Application Support/Address Book,
Saved Application State/com.apple.AddressBook.savedStateand
~/Library). Delete these while signed out of iCloud. Once that’s done, reboot and sign back in to iCloud.