I can't browse my iphone 5 (10.2.1) in windows 10 explorer, it doesn't show up as a volume.
- The iphone is listed in the device manager, with a warning that it has no installed drivers.
- Windows cannot find any drivers online
("iPhone has no driver"), nor in Apple's common program files
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support).
- I've uninstalled and reinstalled itunes, and the Apple mobile device USB drivers, as a precaution. Iphone is still listed as driverless in device manager.
- I've installed the stand-alone Windows update (KB3099229_x64) containing media features that were excluded in my version of Windows 10 Pro N.
- I've unlocked my device.
- I've trusted the computer.
- I've rebooted the device.
- I've used three different USB ports.
- Windows and iphone is updated.
- Itunes can interface with the device with no problems.
- Update: There are no hardware problems. Everything works on a Windows 7 computer.
So, why don't there exist any drivers for iphone 5 for Windows 10? Seems like a rather huge oversight.