My Mac just kernel panicked about 10 minutes ago. I have
boot-args -v, and what happened was this:
- I was using my Mac as normal.
- Suddenly, I see the text that normally appears when I boot up appear in the top left corner of the screen (this occurred after trying to boot my Windows VM).
- I find this odd and remove my hands from my Mac keyboard and mouse.
- In a few seconds, I see a black-bluish screen with a box made of asterisks saying something along the lines of your computer was restarted because of a system problem, blah blah.
- Then my computer proceeds to reboot as it normally would, and I get the "Your computer was restarted because of a problem" message after my desktop appears, not during the logging in spinny wheel thing.
I have had one kernel panic before, and it looked like this. The way it looked this time was weird, and the font was large and in (I think) a font resembling Comic Sans.
Is something wrong with my laptop (not because of the panic, but because of the message)?