I have insomnia and use the sound therapy app Digipill to help me fall asleep. I've started to use its sounds through Bluetooth headphones, but I've come across an issue. A low setting on the iPhone's volume slider (~20%) is still insanely loud (hurts my ears) and if I slide the volume down to what should be the lowest setting then there is no sound whatsoever.
So how can I get sound through my BT headphones at a not-deafening volume?
Things I've tried, not necessarily in this order:
- about 30 different brands/models of bluetooth headphones. From Best Buy legit high dollar brand name as well as Amazon/eBay cheap imports. All do the same thing.
- Music settings: EQ trying each type of setting option, Volume Limit specifying a Max volume that's as low as possible, Sound Check on/of. I've done every possible combination with no effect on the volume.
- Returned my new iPhone and got a replacement NEW iPhone, not refurbished. So this is not isolated to just my iPhone or another refurbed iPhone.
- Also have tried on an iPad 2nd generation, iPad Air, iPad Pro, iPad Mini 4... pretty much if you know me & have an Apple product I was trying it to see if it had the same issues.
- Downloaded/purchased the app on craigslist's iPod Touch & synched quite a few of these bluetooth headphones. Same issues, no change.
- In Settings used the "disability section" Accessibility's Hearing options: Mono Audio, Noise Cancellation, Hearing Devices and doing Hearing Aid Mode "on".
- ONLY THING THAT HAS HELPED is in the Accessibility shifting the audio balance to 75% in one ear & NOT using that side of the headphones, NOT A VIABLE SOLUTION since I am using the hypnotherapy app to cover up noise & aide me in falling back asleep.