Stack Exchange Network
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.
Visit Stack Exchange
Ask Different is a question and answer site for power users of Apple hardware and software. It only takes a minute to sign up.
Sign up to join this community
Anybody can ask a question
The best answers are voted up and rise to the top
I inadvertently deleted the wrong App from the list of purchased Apps in the Mac App store. I would like to get it back. How can this be done?
I was able to to "Re-Purchase" for free, by searching for the App and clicking buy, but that did not re-add the App to my Purchased list.
asked Oct 13, 2011 at 13:51
85033 gold badges1010 silver badges2121 bronze badges
This works for both iTunes Apps and the App Store on the Mac.
- Log into your account via the App Store account link.
- Look for iTunes in the Cloud
- Click the View Hidden Purchases link.
- Select Unhide next to the App you want back in the list.
Items aren't deleted from the list, just merely hidden.
answered Oct 13, 2011 at 14:06
6,50544 gold badges3434 silver badges4949 bronze badges
Yes, when you "Accept" the item which you hid, it is very unclear how to restore the item to the app list. Here is how to do it from Lion (OSX 10.7.4).
- Under the Store Menu, select view my account.
- After entering in your password, you will see a section that shows iTunes in the Cloud
- Click on the View Hidden Purchases
- Click Unhide on the Apps you wish to view
13k1111 gold badges5555 silver badges7272 bronze badges
answered Jul 3, 2012 at 17:21
You must log in to answer this question.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged