Currently in iOS there is a feature where you click on one link (say link to a Youtube video) and the corresponding App will open to handle the request (the Youtube app will open to play the video). This is called App Link.
However in my case, all the link are broken all of a sudden after a reboot. Clicking the Youtube link that would have taken me to the Youtube app now just opens the webpage in Safari. Same thing happens to any other links, for example, Quora, Amazon, Reddit, etc.
There's no way of re-enbling the open-in-the-app behavior, because
- There is no "Open in the xxx app" banner on the top of page anymore.
- Pressing a holding a link in the Note will no longer reveal the option to open the link in an app.
There're currently 3 fixes:
- Reinstall the App;
- Restore all settings;
- Wipe the iPhone and restore.
All of these solution are not ideals and very time consuming, I have to remove and reinstall every App with this app link feature to fix the problem. Also this problem happened to my several times.
Anyway I can fixed these in a easy way?
Tried and not working method:
- The fix for broken Universal link incident on iOS9;
- Reboot, regular one or one by holding power and home button.