I have recently shifted from PC to Mac and from what I recall on PC keyboards, there are keys where you can delete characters placed before your cursor as well as after cursor. I don't recall what the later is called.

I can't find something equivalent for Mac to delete post cursor characters.

2 Answers 2


For forward delete, hold down fn (the function key) and press delete.


Laptop keyboards and Apple Wireless Keyboards use fn+delete ⌫ for forward delete. Keyboards with a numeric keypad have a separate delete ⌦ key like on other platforms.

  • 2
    Mac delete = backspace on other platforms, Mac forward delete = delete on other platforms.
    – Lri
    Commented Oct 7, 2011 at 7:00
  • 1
    If the topic starter is trying to "delete" something after the cursor, this is the way to do it.
    – Michiel
    Commented Oct 7, 2011 at 7:16

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .