Currently, when I try to access www.comic-rocket.com on my iPad (iOS 10.2), the site will not load.
- Safari simply won't load the page, as if I hadn't even tried to do so.
- Chrome and Dolphin will show a "ERR_CERTIFICATE_INVALID" error message. Chrome details it as having received a scrambled certificate.
The issue does not occur on Windows, on Android, or on a friend's iPhone, i.e. it seems to be uniquely tied to my specific device. Update: On a colleagues iPad Pro I can finally reproduce the issue. Probably my friends don't have the latest iOS installed, where StartCom should be removed as valid certificate authority, see jksoegaard's answer.
Is there some way I may solve this, short of fully resetting the device?
I already tried:
- Hard-Reset of the device (holding power- and home-button until the device restarts).
- Resetting network settings
- Resetting "All Settings"
- Downloading the certificate on Windows, mailing it myself and installing it from the "Mail" app (doesn't work from Gmail).1
- In a related thread2, deleting everything under "Settings > General > Profiles" (may be called "Device management" instead of "Profiles") was suggested. This entry however didn't even exist until I installed the certificate manually (i.e. there was nothing do delete).
1 In order to download the correct certificate, I had to disable my Antivirus temporarily, since it injects its own root certificate. Using "SSL Detective" on iOS, I checked that the certificates received by the iPad and by Chrome on Windows match. 2 Certificate error when using Chrome for iOS with company CA