I've been using my early 2014 MBA in clamshell mode connected to an LG Flatron monitor via VGA with no issue. I recently started using HDMI (using this Amazon Basics dongle). I used this with no issue at my folks' house with no issue over the holidays but now back home I'm getting lots of connectivity issues. Here's the rundown:
- HDMI Clamshell: Lots of connectivity issues. Web browsing is nigh undoable
- HDMI Dual Screen: The connection gets better when I open the laptop but is still spotty to the point of frustration
- VGA Clamshell: Some connectivity issues but not horrific
- VGA Dual Screen: No connectivity issues
- No External Monitor: No connectivity issues
What could be causing these issues? Is it Comcast sucking? Does the laptop being closed block radio waves? I don't know much about wireless networks. I would appreciate some help in troubleshooting this.