Office 365 keeps prompting for login credentials within Mac OSX? I came across a problem where a client of mine had bought and installed Office Suite 2016 she than upgraded to Office 365 Business Premium.
I had to uninstall office suite and clear keychain for Microsoft Office, once that was established Office 365 no longer kept prompting for key and user credentials. Hope this helps!
My issue was that, every time upon starting Outlook, I was prompted to "Sign in with your organizational account". I fixed it by going to Preferences > Accounts, removing my account, and adding it again.
Here is what solved it for me. (Copied from: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_mac/authentication-failedcheck-your-account/063826c1-1e4c-40ba-9bfa-54e745925fc1 )
- Quit all Office applications (Word, Teams, Outlook, etc)
- Go to KeyChain Access.
- Search "Exchange" under Login --> All Items and delete everything.
- Search "Office" and delete everything.
- Search "ADAL" and delete everything.
- Launch Outlook.
- You will get the activation prompt and then If account is already added you will see the password prompt for app and ADAL again. Please do 2-Factor Authentication if asked to.
- If that doesn't work, do steps 2-4 but restart the Mac before launching Outlook.
Removing (deleting) the exchange account in Outlook, letting it fully delete, then adding it again as recommended by ognockocaten worked for me!
This problem showed up after changing the user's login name on O365.