Which keyboard layout is this? Its AZERTY so I tried French (all french keyboards but the keys up are not well mapped) it's really weird.

  • I think I've figured it out! This was a fun challenge, thanks :) – Timothy Mueller-Harder Dec 30 '16 at 6:44
  • Its my laptop ! – Yassine Belatar Dec 30 '16 at 10:40
  • Did you buy this from a Apple store? Whoever you bought it from owes you an explanation. – Tom Gewecke Dec 30 '16 at 13:11

Tony Tran's answer is almost correct — it is in fact the Italian set of keycaps, but the keycaps have been moved around to a custom AZERTY layout!

The combination of characters present in the five keys just to the left of the ↩︎ key (and indeed, even any one of those keys) is not found in any other Mac keyboard layout.

Italian MacBook keyboard

  • So its not a factory keyboarf they edited it ? Also can I find a solution to this layout (to install it?%) thanks – Yassine Belatar Dec 30 '16 at 10:38
  • 1
    @YassineBelatar To be able to type with this you have to create a custom keyboard layout with Ukelele or Karabiner. Are you sure there is not one already on the machine? It might be called Italian AZERTY. Or move the keys back where they belong for standard Italian. – Tom Gewecke Dec 30 '16 at 13:14

According to what I found from Apple, it's keyboard layout for Italian.



  • The links you provide show a QWERTY keyboard, not AZERTY, and many other keys are very different from the Italian layout as well. – Tom Gewecke Dec 30 '16 at 5:12

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .