I'm having trouble shutting down my MBP early 2015 model(MF839) with retina display. Sierra had been working smooth for almost 2 months and now I'm getting this issue.
Once I shut down, the screen goes black with just my mouse pointer visible on screen and stays like that forever until I long press the power button to force shut down.
- I had faced similar issue when I installed Sierra OS, and that time it was due to MySql incompatibility. Solved it by reinstalling MySql.
- I'm sure some process is blocking my mac to shut down correctly.
sudo shutdown -h nowand it works.
- I've tried turning off the FileVault and reinstalling MySql, but didn't help.
- I've tried resetting PRAM and SMC. I've tried reinstalling Mac OS(in recovery mode keeping all the applications and data intact).
- I couldn't point out any processes causing this issue from Activity Monitor or from the Console logs. Tried searching for the shutdown-log file and could n't find it.
Only option left for me is to take it to service center and they will just format and reinstall my mac(I would loose all my data and have to reinstall every single app once again).
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks, Sudheesh CM