I'm having problems after updating my MacBook Air:
- the fan noise is very loud
- the computer is very slow
- the battery flattens quickly
I've tried the following:
- Restoring the OS
- Downgrading the OS
- Resetting the PRAM
I also trIed resetting the SMC but I can't do it! When I press the left shift-control-option-power buttons the computer starts up immediately, so I am sure the SMC is not reset.
On the Activity Monitor the kernel_task is over 350% CPU all the time!!
- The Boot ROM version is: MBA61.0099.B22
- SMC version (system): 2.13f15
- i7 processor
I don't know what to do - help please.