Alright, so I just got my iMac back from the store and I login to it knowing my password was correct, later I was trying to download a JDK but a window pop up asking me for the password of the admin account. I proceeded to entered my password but it won't accept it, all it does is say that it's wrong although I typed the exact same password. I tried contacting many people that I know but it still isn't working. Is there anyone who can identify this problem for me? If so then please do tell me how to fix it.
It has been a while since I have tried this so I assume it still works
- Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode.
Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
- Choose Utilities > Terminal.
- Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return.
- Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your Main hard drive).
- Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
- Enter a new password and re-enter it into the password fields.
- Enter a new password hint related to the password & click Save.
- A warning will appear that the password has changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
- Click Apple > Shut Down.
- Now start up the Mac. You can login using the new password.
Or you could google "reset mac password" and follow the instructions I found and pasted in above.