So the previous issue I had with my Mac Mini has morphed into a worse one and now it won't even boot normally, it just endlessly boot loops at the Apple screen. However, I have ran Apple Hardware Test twice and it comes back with "no trouble found." I'm really at my wit's end with this issue and am ready to just reinstall OS X entirely (I'm on OS X El Cap 10.11.6), but am not sure that would help...but I think it must be a software issue since I can boot to Safe Mode. Does that sound right?
So far I have tried:
- Turning the Mac Mini over and opening the bottom panel to let heat
radiate out better.
- Disconnecting everything but keyboard/mouse & monitor.
- Ran AHT several times (always just says "No trouble found."
- Booted to Apple -R to recovery: recheck disk and ran repair
- Pulled both 8GB RAM modules (one at a time, of course) and tried booting with only one.
I'm out of ideas here. Any feedback here greatly appreciated.
EDIT: No idea how or why it's able to run in Safe Mode, but I think this must be a hardware issue because I am not able to boot to either Recovery or a Linux Mint USB. Both also cause a boot loop!