I have a macbook pro 2015, and I've got the UK keyboard layout. I have trouble typing the standard ~ character as I've only got §/±. Does anyone know any workarounds?

  • What character do You have on the left side from the letter Z ? Commented Nov 4, 2016 at 13:14
  • Oh well that was very unintuitive by me. Thanks a lot Mateusz, that character seems to input ` and ~. Much appreciated. :) Commented Nov 4, 2016 at 13:17

1 Answer 1


The ~ on a UK keyboard is located on the left side of the Z key. To get it, you have to press it with ⇧ SHIFT.

Keyboard with tilde key marked.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .