I have setup a working Open Directory Master on on
Mac-Server-1 running macOS Sierra and macOS Server 5.2 (latest as of today). I have also successfully started the Device Manager and enrolled a client computer with no problem.
I have now also setup a working Open Directory Replica on
Mac-Server-2 running MacOS Sierra and macOS Server 5.2. However, when I try to activate the Device Manager on the Replica, it stays Disabled.
Is this by design that Device Manager can only be active on the Master? Or is this a bug?
- In macOS Server -> Profile Manger -> Device Manager, status is
- In macOS Server -> Profile Manger -> Device Manager, I click
- New window appears telling me I can manage devices. I click
- The window now changes and asks me for a Name, E-mail, Telephone, and Address (presumably to generate a certificate?)
- I enter the info, and click
- The next window appears, telling me to click
Finish. I do.
- The window disappears, returning me to the macOS Server -> Profile Manger window, where the status of Device Manager still shows as
Edit1: I tried uninstalling Server.app and deleting /Library/Server/* and reinstalling the Replica from scratch. Same behavior.
Edit2: I tried reinstalling the entire server from scratch. Same behavior.