This has been asked again but none of the answers apply because I've tried them all:
- My MacBook is a 2013 Retina Macbook Pro, so it supports audio through HDMI
- the HDMI cable is plugged directly into the HDMI port (no adapter)
- the monitor has speakers, and their volume is to 100% (Asus PA248Q)
- I've selected the HDMI audio output in the system settings
- I've tried with a different HDMI cable
But still no audio through the monitor's speakers. What am I missing?
FYI, the audio works fine in any other case.