Sometimes the most simple things in this software are not obvious. I get a "Share Successful" message but have no idea where it is on my HD.
When you set up your export settings and clicked ‘Next…’, a standard save sheet appears prompting you for a location to save the file. Wherever you selected as a save location will be wherever the file is.
Once exporting is complete, the notification has a Show button which reveals the location in Finder.
If you forgot the location and missed the notification, you can still reveal the location.
- Select the project in the Library viewer under the event where it is located.
- Show the Share Inspector using the button on the inspector toolbar.
Click the reveal arrow next to the shared media, then select Reveal in Finder.
Clare Herriot, thank you!! I, too, was having problems finding my shared video. It was not showing up under Home Videos in iTunes, nor was I getting an option as to where to share it. These steps do work!
- Click to Share to Apple Devices 1080p
- When next pane ask where you would like to say, click the box that says 'do nothing.'
- Then save it where you can find it (desktop?)
- Manually drag it where you want it after you've found it on your desktop.
The problem with disappeared exported files is that they go to the library by default AND do not assume the filename you have assigned in the export menu (hence a finder search cannot locate them but they are only visible by browsing within iTunes)
- click on File - Library Properties
- Click on Storage locations, modify settings
- Change the storage location for MEDIA (first item) from the "Library" default to a folder of your choice
Now, every time you export (render) to Apple devices etc, a dialogue will pop up and ask you to input a file name and storage location on your hard drive