So, I thought this was the same issue I'd seen before with the old Home folder name conflicting, but it is not. The issue is the the iMac "shakes" and refuses her password at login, but I am 100% certain it is correct AND she can login to her PC without issue (and her AD account is not locked out from password attempts).
The iMac is running OS X El Capitan, 10.11.6. Windows DC is on Server 2008 (SBS 2008 to be exact).
The BIND from the Mac to our Active Directory (Windows) Domain seems fine since I can login as my AD user, but the owner of the Mac cannot login as herself, presumably because of something left over...? She is using a local account for now, but her Mapped Drives drop overnight, so we need to get her back to her AD account. So far I have tried:
- Unbind/rebind the Mac to the domain
- Checked to ensure all AD users can login to the Mac in System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Options
- Renamed her old local account AND the home folder and changed path
- Disable "Force local home directory on startup disk" under Directory Utility > User Experience
- Disable "Use UNC path from Active Directory to derive network home location" (also under Directory Utility > User Experience)
I can't find anything in the Keychain, but I don't know where else to look. What could be the issue here? Thank you.