I’ve got a MBP 13′ (mid-2010) 2.4 Core 2 Duo (full specs below) that I’m now operating solely under Win7 64Bit. It formerly run as well under OS X 10.6.8, relatively to which the firmware seems up to date (MBP71.0039.B0B).
Would my system recognize 16 GB RAM if operated under Win7 64 Bit? Or would it require the latest firmware (MBP71.0039.B0E) of OS-X 10.7.5 (which was never installed on my MBP) anyway?
As far as I have read elsewhere, using 16 GB RAM under OS X seems to definitely require this later version of OS X (including the respective firmware update); so I'd like to know whether this is an issue of OS X or (as I suspect) the firmware.
- Modellname: MacBook Pro
- Modell-Identifizierung: MacBookPro7,1
- Prozessortyp: Intel Core 2 Duo
- Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 2,4 GHz
- Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1
- Gesamtzahl der Kerne: 2
- L2-Cache: 3 MB
- Speicher: 4 GB
- Busgeschwindigkeit: 1,07 GHz
- Boot-ROM-Version: MBP71.0039.B0B
- SMC-Version (System): 1.62f6