This question is a bit strange, but here's the scenario:
- macbook air laptop with El Capitan Mac OS X
- currently logged off any account
- liquid damage on keyboard has caused shift key to be permanently pressed
- password to admin account has some lowercase letters and numbers
- restarting enters "safe mode"
The machine has no sensitive data, so I'm happy for a solution even if it wipes out the admin account. I'm also happy to buy a USB keyboard/plug into an external screen if that will help.
How can I disable this pesky shift key? Or disable the built in keyboard all together?