Using Skype 7.37 on OS X El Capitan, observing this highly unusual behaviour:
- I receive a photo in a Skype chat.
- I click "Reveal in Finder", Skype places the photo in my Downloads folder as it is configured to do.
- I move the file to eg. Dropbox.
- I click "Reveal in Finder" again - Skype correctly opens the Dropbox folder!
- I move the file again to eg. Desktop and rename it by appending "test" or such.
- I click "Reveal in Finder" again - Skype correctly opens Desktop!!!
In steps 4 and 6 I was totally expecting Skype to download the photo again and store it into Downloads.
Can anyone else replicate this behaviour? How is Skype able to do this?