New to using mac os. I was attempting in installing Mac OS X 'Yosemite' on a mid 2010 macbook pro.
[Earlier before I started the whole process, I accidentally deleted everything (main harddrive) from disk utility including the bootcamp.]
I created a bootable USB with Yosemite on it, during the process, at the part where I am suppose to erase the main harddrive, I ran into "erase process has failed." = unable to erase the harddrive.
I've tried first aid, erasing and etc = "erase process has failed"
[After watching this video; youtube.com/watch?v=o6s4GZWG7M0 I noticed that I am missing "Bootcamp"]
1) How do I erase my hard drive if I keep getting "erase process has failed" when I attempt to?
2) Does not having a bootcamp underneath my hard drive disallow me from erasing my main hard drive?
Adding photos as requested by Monomeeth in comments:
Additional images; I'm able to successfully erase the "2nd" HD but when I attempt to erase my main HD it fails.
diskutil partitionDisk disk0 1 GPT HFS+ Mac_HD 100%
diskutil unmountDisk force diskX
sudo diskutil unmountDisk force disk0
Attempted to recreate a bootable USB with Yosemite on it, which was successful But
Still wasn't able to format internal HD.
Skipped to step 6
- OS X utilities screen still says "Reinstall" instead of Install
- There's no option to select Internal disk after selecting Reinstall OS X
Returned to disk utility and sucessfully formatted underneath my internal HD "2nd";
- Attempted to reinstall, entered Apple ID and "this item is temporarily unavailable appeared again