I have an iPhone 5c and I've been trying to log onto my iTunes and Apple Store in my settings, but I keep getting a "Verification Failed. There was an error in connecting to your Apple ID." error. I don't know how to do resolve this. When I go onto my iCloud on my iPhone it says that my email is not verified even though I went to my email and verified it, it isn't recognized as verified on my iPhone.
This could be caused by a number of scenarios. One of the most common things to check is whether you're actually connected to the internet (preferably WiFi)? I have seen many people not realise they weren't connected, especially after an iOS update.
In addition, two of the most common things to try are:
- Doing a full reboot of your iPhone (i.e. holding down the Power and Home buttons simulatenousy for about 10 secs until you see the Apple logo on a black screen)
- Logging out and back in. (See steps below)
You don't actually clarify what version of iOS you're running, but here are some generic steps to take:
- Go to Settings >iTunes & App Store
- Tap on your Apple ID at the very top
- Tap on Sign Out
- Now sign back in
Hope this helps. Let us know you go, as there are other possible ways to fix this.
- connect via wifi
- go to
Settings > iCloud
- click on your account
- generate a verification code from another Apple device which uses the same Apple ID, by going to (the other Apple device and click)
Settings > iCloud > Password and Security > Generate verification code
- enter the verification code in the device with the error