Can somebody please tell me what it's called when you double-tap the home button on an iPhone and heaps of black icon boxes obviously stuff I've previously been looking at come up on the screen, giving me the option to close them or not?

  • These are the "recently used" apps. – GEdgar Sep 29 '16 at 21:06

It is called by a few names, such as Task Switcher, Multitasking View, etc.


It's called Multitasking. Check out this link for more info.



Multitasking is when you swipe from the right of the screen over and across. The "double-tap screen" is called the recently used apps.


When you double tap the home button and you see all these different apps it is called multitasking

You must log in to answer this question.

protected by nohillside Jan 4 '17 at 6:47

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .