I'm trying to make my iTunes (22.214.171.124) music library show up in Music on my iPhone 5 (9.3.2). Nothing seems to work, i.e. whatever I try nothing shows up under the My Music tab on my phone (empty view telling me to find some music).
On the screen that appears, tap the category near the middle of the screen. Then tap Home Sharing and choose a shared Library to connect to.
Obviously, there is no such control in the empty view.
Steps taken, with no effect:
- OSX firewall is not enabled.
- Activated Home sharing using the same Apple ID on both iPhone and Mac.
- Updated to latest iTunes (126.96.36.199). Support for iOS 9 was added in version 188.8.131.52.
- Enabled sharing the whole library in iTunes settings (although I'm under the impression that that is a separate feature from home sharing).
- Deauthorized and re-authorized the mac, and reactivated home sharing.
- Restarted iTunes, killed the Music app.
- Restarted mac and phone.
- Logged out of home sharing on phone, waited 15 minutes, logged in again.
- Disabled screen lock and let the phone sit with Music app open.
- Enabled Apple Music in iOS, even though I have no interest in it.
- Restarted router.
- Checked that the required ports aren't blocked in the router, as per Apple troubleshooting instruction, although I fail to see how that would affect things since both my devices are inside the same LAN behind that firewall.
- Confirmed that the itunes remote app for iOS could find itunes.
Are there any magical constraints to Home Sharing they're not telling me?