I have an iMac (late 2015), which I use with a wired USB Apple keyboard. The keyboard was working perfectly until I upgraded to Sierra, at which point it stopped working.
- An SMC reset fixes the problem, until I shut down the machine, or unplug and replug the keyboard. At which point, I have to reset the SMC again.
- A PRAM reset doesn't fix the problem.
- The keyboard doesn't work in recovery mode or safe mode, either.
- The keyboard doesn't appear in System Information, in the USB section.
- Installing macOS on an external disk doesn't help.
- Reinstalling macOS on the internal disk didn't help.
- Other keyboards (Microsoft USB keyboard, Apple "Magic" keyboard) work perfectly.
- The same keyboard works when plugged into a Windows laptop.
- Deleting /Library/Caches and ~/Library/Caches doesn't help.
- Replacing the logic board didn't help.
I know this is a problem with macOS since the keyboard was working perfectly with El Capitan, and the problem started immediately after the "upgrade".
What are some other troubleshooting steps I can take?