I restarted my iPhone 6 running iOS 10 and the home button is broken, so I was using Assistive Touch. But at the first launch, Assistive Touch is disabled. On iOS 10, we have to "Press home button to unlock". What can I do?
There is a way to unlock an iPhone running iOS 10 that has a broken home button and no access to Assistive Touch. Try the following:
- On your Lock Screen, swipe right.
- You should see the Search field at the top.
- Type Settings in the Search field.
- Your 'top hit' should be the Settings app. Tap on this.
- You should now get the Touch ID or Enter Passcode screen.
- Enter your passcode.
- You should now see your settings.
- Go to General -> Accessibility -> Assistive Touch and turn it on.
- Also, while your still in the Accessibility settings, scroll to and tap the Home Button setting
- Change the Click Speed and/or Rest Finger to Open settings to see if that also helps.
If you connect the phone to iTunes on a mac you can turn on VoiceOver from the Accessibility Settings there, then double-tap on text and tap again to enter it.